10K Day: Live While It’s Happening!

Note for new arrivals: The 10K Day starts on the morning of Thursday, June 18. Your exact starting time is up to you.

WELCOME TO ALL those plucky writers who are participating today!

This is the place to post your check-ins.

If you develop a case of writer’s block—or if you need some extra ideas about what to write—you’ll find all those 10K Day links compiled here.

DON’T FORGET TO HAVE REGULAR BREAKS!

You’ll regret it later (when you get burnt out) if you don’t take regular breaks. Even if you’re on fire with your writing, take your scheduled breaks. Every two hours is recommended. Breaks are also for posting check-ins.

Comment moderation will be turned off for the day so your posts should appear right away.

Keep check-ins fairly brief:

1. You can mention your word count if you want to. If you’d rather not, please provide a general comment about your progress thus far.

5. Check-ins only. Please DO NOT post your writing! (The comment section will become unwieldy if everyone tries to posts their stories.)

6. If you have any special revelations or remarkable experiences, please give the mini-version. All of you will be invited to write about your 10K Day on my blog after it’s over.

Don’t forget to log out of forums, Facebook, Twitter, your email, etc.

Go gettum, Tigers! – Milli

P.S. As a ritual before you start writing, check out this poem from Sharon Kane written especially for my blog: The Gate Keeper. It can be used as a prayer to get in the right frame of mind for your 10K Day—in loving cooperation with the gatekeeper of your imagination instead of in a power struggle :~)

————–

RULES & TIPS

10K Day: Rules of the Game

Recommended Preparations

Survival Tips, Productivity Tricks

GOT WRITER’S BLOCK? TRY THESE . . .

Use the Whiplash of Your Inner Critic to Make It Across the Drawbridge

Here’s an example of doing the above but with a fictional character instead, by Patti Stafford (10K Day participant). Look for the second entry on this page; it’s entitled writer’s lament.

Four of Milli’s Fertile Material prompts

10 Tips for Using the Fertile Material Writing Prompts

New Writing Prompt: Sparkling Beasts & Glimmering Gods

Milli’s Zodiac Writing Prompts: Aries / Taurus / Gemini

Writing for Spiritual Growth
(Free e-course! When you sign up you’ll get the first lesson right away—but the first lesson contains an audio interview; either save it for later or listen in advance so it doesn’t cut into your writing time.)

7 Fun Writing Challenges from Sunflower Ranch

MOTIVATIONAL ARTICLES

Writing Dialogue: Don’t Freak Yourself Out

How I Am Overcoming My Inner Critic and My Fear of Success by Lois Eighmy

A Writer Kissed by Inspiration (helpful for memoir writers)

10 Things to Celebrate About Being a Writer

Rocky Balboa’s Speech to Writers

104 Responses to 10K Day: Live While It’s Happening!
  1. Al In Oz
    June 17, 2009 | 4:31 PM

Lordy! the sun isn't even up yet and here'sd me at the desk ready to kick off the FOW 10k funlenge (a brand new word for y'all).
    G'day, I'm Al and as I live in the Southern hemisphere, my role here is to kick off proceedings, so! Welcome to the funlenge – it's gonna be.

It's 06.27 here in Bathurst, NSW and I guess you lot are at dinner and waiting for your fave prime time TV show. Enjoy! 'cos tomorrow, you'll be having fun putting words on paper – er, the screen.
    So! I'm off on my journey. Sleep well and enjoy tomorrow.
    Al

2. Al In Oz
    June 17, 2009 | 4:46 PM

It's now 0632 and I'm on my coffee break – well, the first one.

My story and I've just roughly planned it is about of a group of Australian diggers who have been pulled in from the front line and are enjoying the life of WW1 London – with flashbacks to France.

We travel with them from Australia to Europe and share in the Gallipoli landing on April 25, 1915 and subesquently to France.Hey! just looked at the time, your end it's only afternoon.

With your permission – er, blessing I'll break between 11am-1pm to pull in the news for 92.3FM and I'll be back at 1.30.

Here's my last forty minutes worth.

3. Al In Oz
    June 17, 2009 | 7:45 PM

As at 0944 – I've pecked at 1700 words.

4. Milli Thornton
    June 17, 2009 | 8:16 PM

Al in Australia is blazing the trail for the rest of us. Go, Al!

5. Patti Stafford
    June 17, 2009 | 9:57 PM

Best of Luck Al! You can do it. By the time we get up on this side of the lake you should be done! Woot!

6. Al In Oz
    June 18, 2009 | 1:21 AM

Thanks, Patti
    It is now 1519 Oz time and I've hit the magic – almost – 5025. Actually it's amazing how quick it mounts up given that I took some time off.

7. Al In Oz
    June 18, 2009 | 1:27 AM

C'mon you night owls – it's the 18th over the pond. Any starters as yet. I'm heading for 6K. I'd like to be all done by 6 pm – 1800 our time. Now I'm cheating, I've quickly proofed my 5.6k – naughty! Please forgive.
    Hey! only 4k to do. Methinks I have the embryo of a novel here.

8. Al In Oz
    June 18, 2009 | 3:39 AM

Whew! Done! Done! Done! 10250 words of, at the moment, waffle – it's gonna be fun editing and proofing it. Now comes the getting it into order side.

I've decided to call the WIP (it is now) Salmagundi 1918.

Thanks, Milli, I'm now out of the closet.

The best of luck to you – it can be done – It becomes fun after the first 5000 – ain't discipline fun? Reminds me of my trainee journo/army days.

The Challenge Became A Funlenge

Go for it fellow scribes

9. Al In Oz
    June 18, 2009 | 3:50 AM

aaaah! a sigh of achievement – the Resident Redhead is about to prepare a chicken casserole yo go with a welcome glass or two (only two) I'm on air tomorrow ( 9am Friday in Oz) http://www.2mce.org follow the prompts (external) and join me for a nostalgic look at hits of 50 years ago – FOW is going to get a plug.

US/Cdn Times should be: 4pm WST
    5pm Mtn
    6pm CST 7pm EST
    Hopefully, I've allowed for daylight savings

10. J.R. Turner
    June 18, 2009 | 6:44 AM

Congrats, Al!!! That must feel awesome to achieve your goal! 🙂

Me, I'm gonna find it tough to shut off Twitter–so I'm not gonna 😛 Heheheh, well, I'm shutting off–but on my breaks I'm gonna announce my progress there as well!

All righty then, current time here is 5:42 a.m.–which means I'm 12 min. off my start time (HAD to have some coffee and check emails from publisher–but nothing pressing so I can close that for good now. She'll call if I'm needed 😉 )

Good luck to everyone and I'll see y'all around 8 a.m. my time!

Warmly,
    Jenny:)

11. Beth
    June 18, 2009 | 7:10 AM

I'm excited just to be in such creative company! It's 7:05 here in Ohio, and I'm kicking off at 7:15. I knew I couldn't get started til the hubby got out of the house! Going to post a note to my Twitter writing partner–we set goals every morning, get a cup of tea and my plot cards and head outside.

Lined up all the events of my plot last night on index cards so I could pick up a few cards, write, take 'em back and get more. THis is a new way of writing for me. Hoping the structure keeps me going. I've got pictures I'll post to my blog…tomorrow 🙂

I've worked in breaks about every 2 hours so I'll let ya know how it's going…unless I finish all 10K in the first two hours LOL!

Beth

12. LMEighmy
    June 18, 2009 | 7:31 AM

Okay, here I go! 😀

It's 6:31 a.m. here and I'm revving to go. I wasn't going to post my progress to LiveJournal, but I've decided I will (thanks to Jenny's Twitter idea). I may post to my Musings blog, too. It won't take long and I can let my readers / followers know where I'm at throughout the day. 🙂

As for what I'm writing, I've been working on a story about a 15 year old boy who gets into trouble and his abusive father takes a job in northern Maine, out in the country (he decides to move himself and his son every time his son gets into major trouble at school), to a town where mostly Mi'kmaq Indians reside. It's a story of Jason Corbet (the fifteen-year-old) coming to terms with who he is deep inside and finding acceptance and friendship with the local natives, learning to trust again and finding a place to belong.

I look forward to today's day long writing session!

Good luck to everyone and congrats to Al! 😀

13. Anonymous
    June 18, 2009 | 8:11 AM

I'm here deep in the heart of Texas, fuzzy dog at my feet and coffee mug at my elbow. It's a little after 7:00, and I'm starting about twenty minutes later than I'd hoped. But my brain's been working so that should count for something.

Susan

14. Patti Stafford
    June 18, 2009 | 8:21 AM

It's almost 7:20 am here (Central time, Missouri). My planned start time is 8:00. My dusty old fiction is on the desktop computer so I'll have to go to our POM (play/office/music room) and use the ole' desktop. I've been on this laptop for so long I'm not sure that keyboard will like me anymore. LOL. Being in there also means no email, twitter, etc. So on breaks I will be back at the lappy to post updates on Twitter, etc. and here.

I'm excited. For me, the numbers don't matter as much as the fact that I'm finally pulling out some fiction again. If I only write one paragraph–it WILL be an accomplishment.

Best of Luck to Everyone!

Congrats Al. You sure set the mark high for the rest of us. Good job! 🙂

15. Milli Thornton
    June 18, 2009 | 8:36 AM

CONGRATS, AL!! 10,250 words. Aussies rule!! And he was rewarded by a home-cooked meal afterwards. Ain't life grand?

Had a wicked night of insomnia so I slept in hoping I wouldn't be too bleary-eyed for the 10K Day. Plan to get started around 9 a.m. EST.

So great to see all the early birds on here eagerly diving in! You all make me proud.

16. J.R. Turner
    June 18, 2009 | 9:04 AM

Back for my 8 a.m. check in 🙂

I've written only 1950 this time around. I hadn't worked on my book for so long, I ended up reading back further than I intended to catch the thread (but I didn't edit!) again. Now it's going great and I've started on an exciting scene that should take me through the rest of what I have in my outline easily.

It's so cool to see everyone joining in! 🙂 I look forward to reading your updates too!!

Warmly,
    Jenny:)

17. Patti Stafford
    June 18, 2009 | 9:05 AM

It's my "official" start time and I'm taking a break. Don't worry, I've actually written 1k words already. Yay!
    I opened my dusty stories, skimmed over them and changed my mind, so I started a new one.

This feels good. Hope everyone else is having fun! That's the main thing, have fun and reignite your passion.

Good luck fellow writers.

18. Bean
    June 18, 2009 | 9:25 AM

I'm here finally. Being out of town, moving my horses in on my lot all day yesterday and getting rid of my husband and stepson this morning, whew! Fortunately, because of Milli's Texas Hill Country Fear of Writing group, I happen to have several Mikey Dog stories that I have been wanting to compile into a book. All is quite now and here I go.

19. Milli Thornton
    June 18, 2009 | 9:32 AM

Yay, Marilyn is back in the saddle! So glad you could join us, peachebean.

I'm finding everyone's posts so inspirational. What a great team!

20. Down the Rabbit Hole...
    June 18, 2009 | 9:40 AM

Hello all! Checking in a bit late as I've been avoiding the internet today. Writing-wise I seem to have several projects on the go at the moment and rapidly losing focus generally. Because of this, I thought I would let my writing take me on a journey for a change and use today to simply write stream of consciousness "seat of your pants" style. It's been fun so far and I have clocked up 4476 words in two sessions. So, a way to go yet but the day is far from over!

I hope everyone else is having a positive experience with this?

21. Patti Stafford
    June 18, 2009 | 9:45 AM

@ RabbitHole – That's how I'm writing today. I'm not used to staying planted in the seat for more than 30 minutes at a time. I am used to writing around 2k-3k words per day of non-fiction. But today my only word counts that matter are fiction. I may write 10k overall, but today is for fiction. I've already done a major accomplishment, so even if I don't write any more fiction today, I've met MY challenge with success. It feels AWESOME!

I'm a little over 1500 words in an hour. I'm very pleased with that. 🙂

22. Milli Thornton
    June 18, 2009 | 9:46 AM

Hi and welcome to "Down the Rabbit Hole" (great handle).

So glad you could make it. From the comments posted so far I would venture to say everyone is lovin' it. Al from Australia (who started yesterday our time) clocked 10,250 words.

OK, back to the writingstone (that's better than the grindstone :~)

23. Beth
    June 18, 2009 | 10:07 AM

Time for break #1. A little breakfast, a little weight lifting and an update 🙂

I'm at 2700+ at the moment, and I haven't even started working on the two scenes I want to work on for starters. Just finished up a scene I started Tues. It ended well, so that's a good spark!

This story is a contemporary with strong romantic elements (you can take the writer out of the romance genre, but not the romance out of the writer!). My heroine has just agreed to have her 13 year old niece spend the summer because her nephew is having heart surgery. Right now, it's one big happy family until the big, fat, family secret comes to light.

And I have yet to introduce the younger, roughly handsome, motorcycle-riding hero…

I'm finding much of my writing is straight dialogue. I have to force myself at times to go back and work in prose and narrative. That's OK with me. I "hear" stories more than I "see" them.

Onward and upward. Break at 12:30. Til then!

24. Sandtiger
    June 18, 2009 | 10:16 AM

Only 655 words so far [I'm writing while at work – it's slow-going!!], but my muses are working with me and my 1-hr lunch break is in …. 45 minutes. WOOT! ~ Jimmy Hanson

25. Milli Thornton
    June 18, 2009 | 10:25 AM

Welcome, Jimmy! Goodonya for squeezing some writing time into your work day!

Jenny, Beth, Lois, Susan, Patti, Marilyn, Rabbit Hole–so excited to have you all here. Thanks for the thrilling reports!

26. Anonymous
    June 18, 2009 | 10:28 AM

Sheesh–The first time I posted this at the end of The Gatekeeper poem. I read it before I started writing and didn't bother to get back to this screen before I posted. Sorry, y'all–one-track mind and all that. Just ignore me.

I've been at this about two hours now and don't know how well I'm writing, but I guess that's just part of this particular process. I started out by typing a couple of pages I'd already written (I know that's probably against the rules but it's what I have to do to get started) and then I wrote 1,172 new words. Gotta be exact. The hardest part for me is not editing as I go along and not going back and checking against what I've already written. That and having to kill off a couple of characters.

Susan

27. LMEighmy
    June 18, 2009 | 10:31 AM

I'm on my first break now. It's 9:31 a.m. and I've written 3,578 words. Go, me! 😀 I ended up starting around 7:00 a.m. because I needed to eat breakfast first. So I wrote 3,578 words in about two and a half hours. Is that good? 🙂

So, Jason has just met some boys…older boys who are high school drop outs…and he's going to be meeting them later. Who knows what kind of trouble he'll get into? :-/ But his new love interest, Maddy, knows all about these boys and she'll be warning him about this gang of boys Jason has befriended. Will he listen to her? 😉

My current music is Air1 (you can listen online at air1.com if you like Christian rock). I find I usually need music going in the background to act as a barrier against distractions. It helps me get into the zone. 🙂

Now that I'm on my break, I'm going to post my progress on LiveJournal and Blogger, fix my mom's breakfast and another hot tea for myself, then get back to work.

I hope everyone else is doing well!

Keep plugging away! 😀

Lois

28. Anonymous
    June 18, 2009 | 10:32 AM

Susan, so it was you! Hee hee. I was trying to guess who posted over there on The Gatekeeper. I was in the throes of copying over your post when I saw it appear. Good going on the 1,172 words!

29. Anonymous
    June 18, 2009 | 10:41 AM

I'm getting back to business now but have to share this with everybody. I just unwrapped my reward to myself–a Dove dark chocolate square. This is what the message said: "Do a little more each day than you think you possibly can." Today this means writing, not laundry! I hope the same for all of you.
    Susan

30. BellaVida
    June 18, 2009 | 10:46 AM

Good morning everyone. I'm inspired by all the early birds here today. Sorry to say I'm not one of them. It's a quarter to 11:00am now.

I'm still perusing the articles and tips section. I will just try my best.

Good luck to everyone.
    I hope you have a fabulous day.

31. Patti Stafford
    June 18, 2009 | 10:54 AM

Susan, Maybe we'll set tomorrow as the great edit day. LOL.

Other than some obvious typos (spelling) I haven't edited anything and I've only skim read it once. I'm just letting the words flow. I came to fix a snack (sugar free jello and cool whip) and had an idea, had to stop my jello attack and go put the words down. I haven't done that in a LONG time!

Glad everyone is having a blast!
    Write On!

32. Anonymous
    June 18, 2009 | 11:01 AM

Maria here,checking in. I'm on my second break as I have to get up and move around every hour or so for my back. I started out at 7:30 but was quickly interrupted by a cat fight. We have a new cat we're trying to integrate into the household. She thinks she's the queen but the other 3 queens don't agree. So my progress is a bit on the slow side today. That being said, I have 888 words at present, which is actually pretty good for me.

My story is about a housewife struggling with reality vs fiction in her life. Living with her husband and 2 young children in the country, she feels extremely isolated and not in control of her children or her ability to write. There may be a mysterious backstory with her children but not sure about that yet.

Well, I'm going to get back to work after downing the last of my Dr. Pepper. Good luck to everyone!

33. J.R. Turner
    June 18, 2009 | 11:10 AM

Hey everyone! Great to see so many people here and all the wonderful progress everyone is making 🙂

Despite having to answer an emergency email (I know its supposed to be turned off, but I thought this might be coming in) I managed to pull in 3241 words this two hour period, bringing me to a grand total of 5191 for the day so far. Yay! 🙂

I'm also at a very cool part. Kaylee is being confronted by Pastor Jim, who just met her and thinks she's being called to serve God. Very conflicting moment because so far, the only calls she's been getting are on her psychic hotline from dead people.

Okay, back to work for me-I've got gargoyles to deal with in a few pages 🙂

Warmly,
    Jenny:)

34. Milli Thornton
    June 18, 2009 | 11:24 AM

Welcome to Bella Vida and Maria! Really excited to have you both here.

Bella Vida, feel free to work to your own body rhythms. I'm not an early bird either :0)

BTW, is everyone remembering to drink some water at regular intervals? It really does help the ol' brain to keep going on a long day.

35. Saundra_M
    June 18, 2009 | 11:32 AM

It's only 10:25 am and I'm checking in. Night owls don't rise early without some hooty protests. Please note I'm casting a jaundiced eye at your perky robins, chirping away about the joys of 7 am, eegods, what an ungodly hour! My fingers are limber, the food is beside me and I'm ready to leave my perch and see what stories lurk in the Great Below.

Good hunting to us all!

Saundra M

36. Milli Thornton
    June 18, 2009 | 11:32 AM

My report: started at 9 AM — 1,296 words so far.

I originally planned to do this 10K Day alone, with the goal of writing tons of blog posts for my two (about to be three) blogs. This is so I'll be more freed up for other kinds of writing. So I can't report any cool breakthroughs re: fiction writing. But I'm happy anyway.

Have written one blog post, plus 10 new Fertile Material writing prompts for Chris Cade ("Writing for Spiritual Growth") plus half an article for Bev Walton-Porter's blog, Elemental Musing. I'm doing a series of writing prompts based on Bev's book, Sun Signs for Writers, and this month is Cancer.

OK, off to invent a prompt for the sign of the Crab :~)

37. Patti Stafford
    June 18, 2009 | 11:48 AM

I sort of reached a stand still on the story I was working on when it dawned on me there's a site that takes flash fiction and I've had my eye on it. So the logical thing to do was start my story for that site–since I've been putting it off.
    Totals so far:
    First story: 2254
    Flash fiction: 568 – other than edits and revisions, it's finished. Hence the term, "flash fiction"? LOL.

Now I need to switch gears and work on some deadlines. I always take from 11:00-1:00 off from the computer, fix hubby's lunch, piddle on the house, etc. So I will be sticking to my regular schedule.

And I suppose I will count those non-fiction words towards my total at the end of the day. But as far as my personal challenge goes, I have already met that goal, broken that barrier and had a great time doing it. My challenge was not 10K words, but to actually write fiction today, to get something out no matter the word count. I will give a total at the end of the day. And I will be here to cheer everyone else on!

Hmmmm, do our check in's count? LOL. I could rack those up really quick. 🙂

Writing, writing, writing
    Keep those words a spinnin',
    Write On!
    Type 'em out, spit 'em out, churn 'em out,
    Write On!
    (sing to the tune of Rawhide)
    Patti

38. Bean
    June 18, 2009 | 11:49 AM

More distractions here, but I am writing. Like Susan said, it's super hard not wanting to edit and re-read and re-work as you go. And of course blowing my nose and whipping my eyes a lot through the memories of my precious Mikey Dog and his little brother Pat the Cat. I am a little behind word wise but I plan on burning it up in the next 2 hours.

39. Milli Thornton
    June 18, 2009 | 11:59 AM

YOU GUYS ARE ALL SO GREAT!!!

Welcome Saundra_M! Glad to hear you sounding chirpy and ready to go.

There are now 12 of us logging check-ins.

Patti thanks for the Rawhide writing theme song – LOL!

Bean, my heart goes out to you as you relive your glory days with Mikey Dog.

40. Anonymous
    June 18, 2009 | 12:26 PM

Okay, third break of the morning and taking time for lunch and to check on the cats. I'm at 1,494 words now. That's really good for me. The old eyes are getting tired, though. Any suggestions for this?

I am remembering to drink water and snack. Not sure what's for lunch though.

My main character, a young mother who is also a writer, is writing about a young mother who wants to be a writer to crawled out her study window to escape her clingy family and responsibility. At the moment, she's in the woods staring at her family inside, remembering how she got to this point. Not too catchy but hopefully with editing (later, of course) I hope this story will work into something I can submit somewhere. Eh, who knows?

Keep up the great work everybody!

Maria

41. Barb D.
    June 18, 2009 | 12:31 PM

Barb D. – Wonderful comments! Very inspiring! It's 11:30 a.m., and I'm just getting started. And our kitten, Dink, keeps climbing up here thinking he should participate, too. 🙂

Thanks for all the motivation and sharing! 🙂

42. MPL Creative Resources
    June 18, 2009 | 12:36 PM

I rose at 5am. By 5:30, I’d dressed, started a load of clothes in the washer, made breakfast and booted my computer. I’d poured steamy hot coffee in my mug, which shows a drawing of a woman holding a stack of books. The inner portion of the cup is glazed a bright green with one word printed on it – Knowledge. I thought it an appropriate text for this morning, 10KDay.

I am writing in between my preparations to leave in the morning for my 40th high school reunion. Laundry…packing…gardening but, most of all, writing.

I have my outline handy for my novel, Alone is Where We Begin. It’s a good day to ponder its direction, voice, plot, characterization and creation.

The first line’s the hardest! As of 11am Central Daylight Time, I've written 2200 words. Eye opening things are happening.

Mindy

43. Milli Thornton
    June 18, 2009 | 12:47 PM

Such a magical feeling to lose myself in my own little writing world and then come back here and read the funny/heart-warming comments posted by all these gutsy writers.

Welcome, Barb D. and Mindy! That makes 14 of us now (including Aussie Al who already finished and did 10,250 words).

Maria, for your tired eyes you might try lying down with a warm cloth across your eyes. If you have any chamomile tea bags (or one of those lavendar eye pillows), even better.

BTW, Maria, I've been jealous of your story idea as you've been describing it ("I wish I'd thought of that") and it sounds like something I wanna read when you're done. So I was surprised when you labeled part of it "Not too catchy." I think it sounds like an emotional journey!

44. Sandtiger
    June 18, 2009 | 12:50 PM

Just reached 2,241 words! Yay me!

Due to work, my initial goal is probably going to be only 5K at first, and then depending on how well I reach that I'll go for 10K. Writing until the muses fall over on me!!

bwahahaha…..

45. Anonymous
    June 18, 2009 | 1:06 PM

Milli, thanks for the encouragement! I am my own worst enemy as far as what I think of it. The story is a blend of little parts of myself and friends of mine, with a LOT of fiction thrown in. 🙂

I will try lying down with the warm towel over the eyes. I read somewhere that we need to give our eyes a certain amount of completely dark time to recouperate, I just don't remember how much it is.

46. Bean
    June 18, 2009 | 1:12 PM

Whew. My back hurts. The words have been flying off my fingers and out of my brain. It's going great. I haven't even checked how many words but I haven't even looked at my Mikey Dog stories. They are all flooding back like crazy as if he were here helping. I have to go to the grocery store and I'm hungry. Milli, remember Super S? Not going there. I like HEB and it's not that much farther. Be back soon with a pillow for my back and ready to rock and roll.

47. Beth
    June 18, 2009 | 1:15 PM

Second check-in & I'm up to 5121. Just where I wanted to be at this point. During the summer, (I'm a teacher), Y&R is my mid-day treat. Today it was a reward 🙂

Just plugged in the iPod and netbook for recharging and will recharge myself with a bit of lunch & a walk (15 min) with the dog, then back at it shortly. This time, it'll be upstairs since my son invited a bunch of friends over for a pool party (luckily they're bringing their own food! I'd hate to have kids starving at my house because I still have 5000 words to write LOL).

You're all inspirations to me. Keep up the great work!

48. The deMented Mom
    June 18, 2009 | 1:26 PM

it's only 1030 on the wet coast of BC and I'm just getting started as I finally pushed my husband out the door. Packed up my laptop and heading to the local coffee shop to peck away. Sounds like everyone is doing great. Hopefully, I'll get caught up.
    Cheers
    Jackie

49. Anonymous
    June 18, 2009 | 1:35 PM

Dang, you people are burning it up. I'm checking in after lunch and going out to smell the rain. Since it hasn't rained here in about eight weeks, it was time well spent. The words are coming slow–I'm not even at 3000 yet. Or maybe I am. After all, I'm writer, not a mathematician. I am, however, closer to killing off the sweet old lady. And hubby is going away again for the afternoon, so maybe things will start stirring in my brain a bit faster.
    Susan

50. MPL Creative Resources
    June 18, 2009 | 1:46 PM

12:44 – 2495 words. I've slowed down. I am at the library connected to their WiFi and I had to browse the stacks…partially to keep my mind alert and to keep the kinks out of my legs.

I AM back at it, though. I'm struggling a little but will push through.

~ Mindy