Note for new arrivals: The 10K Day starts on the morning of Thursday, August 13. Your exact starting time is up to you.
This is the place to post your check-ins.
If you develop a case of writer’s block—or if you need some extra ideas about what to write—you’ll find links to inspiring resources compiled below.
DON’T FORGET TO HAVE REGULAR BREAKS!
You’ll regret it later (when you’re feeling fried) if you don’t take regular breaks. Even if you’re on fire with your writing, take your scheduled breaks. Every two hours is recommended. Breaks are also for posting check-ins.
WHAT SHOULD YOU POST FOR YOUR CHECK-INS?
Comment moderation will be turned off for the day so your posts should appear right away. If you don’t see yours, try refreshing your screen.
Keep check-ins fairly brief:
1. You can mention your word count if you want to. If you’d rather not, please provide a general comment about your progress thus far.
2. You can also describe what you’re working on.
3. Feel free to mention how you’re feeling and how the day is going for you.
4. It’s always fun to hear what people are drinking, snacking on or listening to.
5. Check-ins only. Please DO NOT post your writing! (The comment section will become unwieldy if people try to post stories/chapters from their novel.)
DON’T FORGET TO log out of forums, Facebook, Twitter, email, etc.
Go gettum, Tigers! – Milli
RULES & TIPS
GOT WRITER’S BLOCK? TRY THESE . . .
Here’s an example of doing the above but with a fictional character instead, by our very own Patti Stafford (10K Day participant). Look for the second entry on this page; it’s entitled writer’s lament.
Milli’s Zodiac Writing Prompts based on Sun Signs for Writers by our very own Bev Walton-Porter (10K Day Participant):
11 Fun Writing Challenges from Sunflower Ranch (50-word challenges, but you could easily use any of these to write a short story)