Like you, I thought it was maniacal when I first heard about it. But when I finally tried it, I was surprised. It really is possible. It just takes some rearranging—of our mindsets and our schedules.
BUT, OH, THE PRESSURE!
Don’t worry. The writers who frequent this event understand that it’s all about camaraderie and team spirit. We cheer for someone who manages to write 500 words after a long drought just as enthusiastically as we cheer for those who bust 10,000 words.
Come experience the warmth and camaraderie—we are friendly and welcoming. And rather than pressure, we want you to enjoy a sense of challenge. Find out what you’re really capable of!
OK, I’M CONVINCED. HOW DO I GET STARTED?
1. In the right sidebar, subscribe by email so you’ll receive the monthly event notices.
2. Using the blog menu above, work your way through the articles: Our (Fun) Rules, Prep, Tips & Tricks, etc. These will educate you on how to succeed and help you plan your first 10K day.
3. RSVP for either the Wednesday or the Saturday event (or both). Then block off that date on your calendar and be ruthless about eliminating distractions.
4. Show up whenever you’re ready on the morning of the event and make your first check-in. The Live, While It’s Happening! post will give you tips on what to share.
5. When you arrive, look below for the event date you’re attending. We post each event page the afternoon before so writers from overseas can participate.
Cheers & happy writing!