10K Day: Live, While It’s Happening! – July 20 and 23

What's your story? Use the 10K Day for Writers to explore your storytelling powers

Image courtesy ivelin and Stockfresh

WELCOME TO ALL those plucky writers who are participating this week!

This is the place to post your check-ins for Wed, July 20 and/or Saturday, July 23.

If you’re participating from overseas, feel free to start according to your own time zone. This check-in page is posted the day before the USA event for that special purpose. 🙂

DON’T FORGET TO TAKE REGULAR BREAKS!

You’ll regret it later (when you’re feeling fried) if you don’t take regular breaks. Even if you’re on fire with your writing, take your scheduled breaks.

Every two hours is recommended. Breaks are also for posting check-ins.

TIP: If you don’t see your comment right away after posting, try refreshing your screen.

1. You can mention your word count if you want to. If you’d rather not, please comment about your progress thus far.

DON’T FORGET TO log out of forums, Facebook, Twitter, email, etc.

Go gettum, Tigers! – Jenny & Milli

24 Responses to 10K Day: Live, While It’s Happening! – July 20 and 23
  1. Milli Thornton
    Twitter: millivrstravels
    July 19, 2016 | 1:38 PM

Welcome, Awesome Writers. 🙂

I hope you have a marvelous and fulfilling 10K Day.

~ Milli

2. Charlotte Dixon
    Twitter: wordstrumpet
    July 20, 2016 | 6:51 AM

Okay, it is a little before 6 AM Pacific time and I’m ready to plunge in. A few things I’ll need to deal with today have popped up, despite my best efforts, but I’m still going to devote as much as possible of it to writing. Yay!

3. Charlotte Dixon
    Twitter: wordstrumpet
    July 20, 2016 | 8:47 AM

Its almost 8 AM and I just hit 2K words. Taking a break for breakfast–I’m starving! Writing makes me hungry.

• Milli Thornton
      July 20, 2016 | 11:13 AM

Congrats on the 2K words before breakfast, Charlotte!

4. Lois
    July 20, 2016 | 9:45 AM

I’m here, and I’m going to start with my morning pages, something I don’t do often. After that, who knows? 🙂

• Milli Thornton
      July 20, 2016 | 11:13 AM

Hey, Lois, good to have you here. Hope your morning pages were fun. 🙂

• Lois
        July 20, 2016 | 2:12 PM

Thanks Milli. They were. 🙂

I also wrote a gratitude journal entry.

The morning pages came to 695 words, and the gratitude journal entry came to 226. That gives me 921 words for the day. I’ve had other stuff to do, as well, or I would have had a lot more. 😉

It was fun, but now I’ve got to take a shower. Good luck to those of you still writing!

5. Milli Thornton
    July 20, 2016 | 11:16 AM

I’m here. About to make coffee and take up where I left off last time on the novelette I’m writing.

• Milli Thornton
      July 20, 2016 | 12:15 PM

I’ve written 645 words. I would have liked to get to 1K first but I’m so hungry I need to eat before I can continue.

• Milli Thornton
        July 20, 2016 | 2:05 PM

I’ve added 1,222 words to my original 645 for a total of 1,867. Starting to hit my stride. I’m going to stop for a quick coffee break and then come back to it.

6. Charlotte Dixon
    Twitter: wordstrumpet
    July 20, 2016 | 2:28 PM

I’m baaaack. Had an online meeting and then a massage appointment (the killer kind, not the relaxing kind). But I’m back and ready to put some more words on the page. I’ve got other things to do but I’m going to write for a while first.

• Milli Thornton
      July 20, 2016 | 2:30 PM

Glad to have you back, Charlotte. I’m here too. (I think it’s just you and me right now.) I’m about to take a short walk in the sunshine and then dive back in.

7. Milli Thornton
    July 20, 2016 | 3:55 PM

I’m on 3,248 words and I’m hungry again. Going to take a quick break, eat some food and maybe take a refreshing shower. (I went for a walk earlier and it was hot out there. I’m still a bit sweaty. Eww.)

8. Charlotte Dixon
    Twitter: wordstrumpet
    July 20, 2016 | 4:07 PM

Yay for 3, 248 words! I’m closing in on 4,000. Hope you got all cooled off!

• Milli Thornton
      July 20, 2016 | 4:23 PM

Awesome on the 4,000 words. We’re sizzling!

9. Charlotte Dixon
    Twitter: wordstrumpet
    July 20, 2016 | 4:35 PM

We sure are! I just hit 4, 133 and finished a section of the novella I’m working on. Have to go get some water and do a couple other things, but I’m going to come back and try to get a few more words in. Determined to do 5,000 today!

• Milli Thornton
      July 20, 2016 | 4:37 PM

867 more words to get to your goal. I’ll be cheering you on!

10. Milli Thornton
    July 20, 2016 | 5:49 PM

I’m on 4,903 and ready to take another short break. I love it when the story writes itself.

11. Charlotte Dixon
    Twitter: wordstrumpet
    July 20, 2016 | 7:06 PM

Okay, I just hit 5,001 words and I’m signing off! My eyes are so tired I think a glass of wine is calling me, but this has been great! Thanks, Milli!

• Milli Thornton
      July 20, 2016 | 7:10 PM

Yippee! Congrats on hitting your goal (and beating it by one word, lol!). Glad you had a great day and hope to see you here next month. Enjoy your glass of wine, Charlotte. 😀

12. Milli Thornton
    July 20, 2016 | 7:36 PM

I’m on 5,703 and going to take a dinner break. I finished my novelette but I’m going to come back after dinner and work on something else. I should be able to do another couple of thousand words this evening before bed.

• Milli Thornton
      July 20, 2016 | 10:01 PM

Added another 1,350 words to my count by working on a different project. That gives me 7,053 for the day.

I wanted to work on one more thing, but it’s 10pm and I’m tired. Think I’d better call it a day.

13. Estrella Azul
    July 21, 2016 | 1:18 AM

Hello everyone! Well done on all of the great progress 🙂

I am ashamed to admit that I completely forgot to count my words yesterday… but on the other hand, I was doing some website maintenance stuff moving pages and archiving what didn’t need to stay live, so I didn’t write as much as I’d have liked to.

Aside from that though, I did edit more than half of an 86 pages-long Quick Start Guide, so I’m still very proud of myself 😉

• Milli Thornton
      July 21, 2016 | 11:02 AM

Estrella, wonderful to hear from you and thanks for reporting in. Sounds like you had a very productive day doing your “10K Day While at Work” event. Feeling great about your progress (even if you don’t have a word count) is one of the big goals of the 10K Day, so yay for you! <3