From our survey choices below, please copy and paste one (or several, if applicable) into the Comments section of this post. Feel free to elaborate on your choice(s) if you feel moved to.
Thank you for participating!
– The savage and critical voice in my head
– A humiliating experience that knocked the confidence out of me
– Not enough experience with actually doing some writing (so I have a hard time getting started)
– I’m surrounded by people who enjoy killing my dreams
– I’m surrounded by indifference
– I’ve got plenty of supporters but I don’t believe in myself
– I don’t believe in myself. Period.
– I have such high expectations on myself, it tends to stop me from even trying (in case I fail)
– My writing sucks; I don’t have any “natural talent”
– I’m not sure where my fear comes from; I just know my mind goes blank whenever I try to write
– I don’t have fear of writing (can’t see what all the fuss is about)
– Other (please specify)