By Milli ThorntonI’m thrilled to announce that two of my blogging friends—Patrick Ross of The Artist’s Road and Julia Munroe Martin of wordsxo—recently honored the FoW blog with a blogger award or mention.
From Patrick, who received The Stylish Blogger Award from one of his blogging friends, we were chosen to be on his Fave Five blog list. Thanks, Patrick!
From Julia it was The Versatile Blogger Award. Julia said: Milli Thornton blogs at Fear of Writing (home of the 10K Days!) about “putting the fun back into writing” and about travel at Milliver’s Travels. Milli has a positive outlook on life and is an enthusiastic advocate for writing and writers.
After much thought, I’ve decided to forgo passing on the awards to other bloggers (in one case I’m supposed to choose 15 bloggers!—that’s alotta work) and just concentrate on the fun of receiving these awards. I’ll do the part that sounds the most fun to me, which is to share 5–7 random things about myself.
1. I wrote my book in four months, back in 1999. I was on fire! It was like channeling something from the skies. I wrote my book from a desperate need to cure my own fear of writing. And it did. But not overnight. First, I was forced to come out of my hermit’s shell and interact with other writers. Using the FoW method in the company of other writers was what cured me.
2. I periodically go on prompt-writing binges. There are 112 writing prompts in Fear of Writing but I have many more lying around in handwritten journals. Here’s one of my prompts from the book:
Roach Lover You are a cockroach sympathizer giving a speech at a rally for animal rights.
3. I lived Down Under for 25 years. I moved around a lot and lived in quite a few places but my most favorite was the Blue Mountains in New South Wales, Australia.
4. My favorite drink is the breve. If you’re not sure what that is or how to pronounce it, you can find out all about it on my travel blog. But, I warn you: they’re seriously addictive! (Espresso: The Art of the Perfect Breve)
5. In 2002, I was privileged to return to the Blue Mountains from Taos, New Mexico to do a writing retreat at Varuna Writer’s House.
The word chouchou in the title of this post is because Julia from wordsxo was born in France; being a travel writer, I just had to work that in somehow. Mon chouchou means “my favorite.”
(The Blogger Chouchou Warm & Fuzzies. Hmm. My grammar may not win me any awards.)
And now for one more cool fact. Both Patrick and Julia have been guest bloggers of mine/ours. Each wrote Certified 100% Wonderful posts and you’ll be missing something if you don’t go read them (links open in new browser tabs):
Fear of Writing blog
Milli Thornton (aka Milliver) is the author of Fear of Writing: for writers & closet writers. She is owner of the Fear of Writing Online Course, where her mission is to put the fun back into writing. Milli also coaches writers individually at Writer’s Muse Coaching Service.