WELCOME TO ALL those plucky writers who are participating this week!
This is the place to post your check-ins for Wed, Aug 29 and/or Saturday, Sept 1.
To learn more about this event, mouse over 10K Days in the blog menu above.
If you’re participating from overseas, feel free to start according to your own time zone. This check-in page is posted the evening before the event so you can. 🙂
DON’T FORGET TO TAKE REGULAR BREAKS!
You’ll regret it later (when you’re feeling fried) if you don’t take regular breaks. Even if you’re on fire with your writing, take your scheduled breaks.
Every two hours is recommended. Breaks are also for posting check-ins.
WHAT SHOULD YOU POST FOR YOUR CHECK-INS?
TIP: If you don’t see your comment right away after posting, try refreshing your screen.
1. You can mention your word count if you want to. If you’d rather not, please comment about your progress thus far.
2. You can also describe what you’re working on.
3. Feel free to mention how you’re feeling and how the day is going for you.
4. It’s always fun to hear what people are drinking, snacking on or listening to.
DON’T FORGET TO log out of forums, Facebook, Twitter, email, etc.
Go gettum, Tigers! – Milli
NEW! WARM-UP WRITING YOU CAN DO TO HELP YOU START YOUR 10K DAY
Easy and fun stuff you can do to help you get in the groove (besides coffee, that is ;~)
1. Every month we’ll offer a new writing prompt, posted on the Monday of our 10K Day week.
This month (opens in a new screen):
2. I’m giving a workshop soon called Fear of Blogging Clinic, for people who are not like us (i.e., comfortable with being online) but have a need or desire to get start blogging. You can help by participating in my survey. Even if you don’t currently have fears about blogging, you might remember some fears from when you first started your blog: